Yulia Mkrtchyan (pen name Yulia Djannaya) is a Moscow based artist, painter, and lawyer. She is a member of Eurasian Art Union. In December 2018 her painting “Path to God” was awarded the First Prize at the remote International Festival and Competition “Blue Bird” in the category of Fine Arts. She was also a winner of the first-degree nomination in the Fine Arts category for performing and providing work for Picasso’s House at the 12th All-Russian Competition “Talents of Russia” held on 07.01.2021 in FMVDK format.
Yulia Djannaya started exhibition performances in 2019. Here is the list of her exhibitions:
- September-November 2019, Exhibition at the “Want & Paint” Gallery
- December 2019, “Reimagine It” Exhibition at the Ti Art Gallery.
- December 2019 – January 2020, “Animal Farm or Oil and Water Don’t Mix” Exhibition at the Ti Art Gallery.
- February 2020
- “Alternative Reality” Contemporary Art Exhibition at the Art Future Gallery
- Exhibition at the “Want & Paint” Gallery
- Participant of the “I am the Art Future” project at the Art Future Gallery
- Organizer of the “Space Inside” project at the Art Future Gallery
- 03-07 March 2020 – Abstract Art Festival participant at the Exhibition Centre of the Saint Petersburg Union of Artists.
- 2020 – Participant and 3rd prize winner at the International Festival of Symbolic Art “Dzen Art”
- 2020 – KRYUKRINOKSI exhibition participant at “Here in Taganka” Gallery (organized by A. Bartenev)
- 2020 – Art Patrol on Carantin in Omelchenko Gallery
- 2021 – Russian Art Prize finalist
- 2020 – Second Life art project winner
- 2021 – Super Mom prize partner
- 2021 – New Life project Art Designer
- 2021 – The Forbidden Fruit exhibition participant organized in Miami within the Lady of the World project frames
Yulia Djannaya runs her own On-Line gallery based on the Intellectual Marketing Platform.
Can you tell us your journey as an artist?
In December 2018, I took a paintbrush for the very first time in my life. This started a completely new page in my life. My paintings have so many inspirations and influences, such as my mood, feelings, desires, emotions, scents, dreams and so on. My endless imagination and great personality don’t let me give up oeuvre. I see all that surrounds me in colors that are reflected on my paintings. I developed my unique style which is a transition between pop-art and modern art. The blend of my style and color palette makes my paintings extraordinary but most importantly, they are recognizable among other paintings.